Garmin eTrex H
If all you want is a basic walking/outdoor GPS to slip in your pack and give you an accurate grid reference, then this fits the bill. It is light, robust and has excellent battery life. With basic PC compatibility, you can download routes and waypoints directly to your computer for route planning, but you will have to buy a data cable to connect to your computer. Supports most software, including Memory-Map.
The unit is not Mac-compatible but is WAAS/EGNOS-enabled. The screen lacks the clarity of a colour one – but a GPS at this price, you can’t go wrong!
- 12 channels, accurate to within 15 metres
- 10 saved tracks
- 1536 trackpoints
- WAAS/EGNOS enabled
- Calculates current and average speed, time of sunrise/sunset and trip distance
- Can connect to a PC for easy transfer of tracks and waypoints (separate cable required)
- Waterproof – submersible to 1 metre
- Requires two AA batteries, giving up to 22 hours’ life
- Size 5.1x3x11.2cm
- Weight 150g